The Humyak building is located on Duke Street and is a listed building with English Heritage. It was built in 1864 which was relatively new in comparison to the majority of buildings in that area which were erected in the 1700s, many of which have been demolished in the past 40 years. The five storey warehouse expands over 18515sq.ft and is a substantial brick building with a pitched slate roof and suspended timber flooring. The warehouse has remained intact throughout its left and still has original features such as a jigger loft complete with a winding gear and cast iron window shutters. Internal cast iron spiral staircases and columns support the building’s heavy duty timber floor structure. Rumour has it the building was named after a ship from which reclaimed timbers were used in its construction. Other stories suggest it may have been built by a local family by the name Humyak as there were many Germans, Dutch and Scandinavians in the city around the time of building. Warehouses such as Humyak were built on long, thin plots with narrow street frontages and multiple storeys because of the high demand for land.